The February month brings in a fragrance of Valentine day; it’s all about spreading a word of love through celebrating relationships. Especially the one’s who just got married and looking forward to their first Valentine together. And How can we forget about those love birds who are looking forward to surprising their Valentine by proposing with a ring? Also, the engaged couples who are thinking of doing something special.
As a Wedding & Event designer, all I think of is setting the table to amuse the couple by adding their personal reflection. I think, setting the table is more than an art. There is certain protocol to follow and not to forget to add an element of surprise no matter where you set up a Valentine Dinner; your home or a garden and even a private setting at one of your favorite venues.
Here are five things that could put life into setting up a table for your celebration:
1. Making the right choice with shape and height and size of the table; It would give your tables some dimension creating an intimate feel for a couple.
2. Be creative if you are doing yourself: Alternate vase with flowers and candlesticks. You can never go wrong with candlesticks. Also, Flowers displayed well make a big difference. Keep in mind that rectangular tables have a lot of space to fill, the trick is to use votives.
3. Remember that linen is very crucial; Adding a texture is important by layering an overlay or runner over a solid tablecloth. And if you decide to go without overlay or runner, in that caseyour florals step in and use fresh petals to add color and texture both.
4. A perfect Place-setting: I would suggest taking into account your table shape and linen pattern while selecting charger plates instead of going with the standard ones. You could go with round plates with square chargers.
5. A meaningful message in a heart shaped card, placing on the chair or plate would do the magic.
And those who do not have time or want to have something unique then think about reaching out to Designers & Florist who are experts in putting it all together to surprise your Love on this Valentine Day.
Love to hear what you have to say!
Photo: Mike Colon
Concept, florals & linen: navjot Design